Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Lots of questions...

Things are going well over over here, and little Allie is getting so big! I'd imagine he's probably pushing 12lbs right now, but we'll have to wait and see at her appointment on Oct. 1.

Her reflux is pretty much under control now - no more projectile vomiting, and her episodes are becoming less frequent. As much as I didn't want to give her the Zantac, it was really the only choice we had. You sometimes just have to do what you have to do, you know? I couldn't stand to see her screaming like that. The Mylanta and gripe water helped some, but nothing soothes her like the Zantac. I'm just trying to make the best decisions for my little girl. It's hard sometimes, and at times, it might not be what I like, but it's what's best for her.

Speaking of all of this, I'm having a real hard time deciding what to do about vaccinating. I thought I wanted to do a delayed schedule, but stupid me got online and started researching all of the vaccines. The thought of them injecting my daughter with formaldehyde and animal cells about makes me sick. We had planned on only getting her DTaP at her 2 month appointment, and that's one of the ones with formaldehyde, animal cells, AND aluminum in it.

I don't believe that vaccines cause autism, but that a good number of people are chemically/developmentally predisposed to being succeptable to adverse body-changes, resulting from the way their body/brain chemistry reacts to vaccines. Then it can all be downhill from there - developmentally and brain/neurological functioning-wise. It can be a bit of a chain reaction in my mind.
You should see some of the brain scans of the toxicity that occurs within the brain after aluminum, mercury, thmerosol, and live-vaccines are introduced. Not cool; and rather scary.

The way I see it, if a person's big "boom" of brain development occurs between ages 1 and 3, why in the world would you introduce toxins during those years; and if a baby is healthy enough to have their immune system defend itself against the vaccine, then it's healthy enough for the baby to go out and "get dirty" and develop immunities naturally, at least for the first 1-5 years or so..

So not it's just a question of: WHAT THE HELL DO I DO?!


Aiden had all of his vaccines according to the recommended schedule. I regret it, but thankfully he's just fine. I didn't know I had a choice back then, and I'm upset that the pediatricians don't offer alternative options to parents, only because THEY believe that getting them at the recommended time is the "right" thing to do. Whatev.

There's just something telling me not to do it. I don't know if it's paranoia or if it's an instinct that I should listen to. Part of me feels like it's paranoia, because of us losing Cameron. I now know that I'm no longer invisible, nor are my children. Is a reaction to vaccines rare? Yes. But so is what happened to Cameron. I was that 1-2% before, and I don't want to be it again - especially if I have a choice. I just look at her, and I think about what could happen, and how I'd never forgive myself. I know of 3 children who suffered from seizures after being vaccinated, but I don't know of one child who has gotten ill/died from any of the diseases they vax against.

I don't know what in the world I'm going to do. I don't have much time to think about it either! Chev is on board with delaying completely until she's older, but he doesn't give much insight about it. It would just help if I got some more POV's on this....

Anyway...


Here's our little princess at 2 months!

2 comments:

  1. I highly recommend Dr Sears' Vaccine Book. I didn't think that much about vaccines for my older boys, but I have realized now that no matter what the stats are, someone has to be the 1% and I want to take every precaution I can to make sure we're not it again. His book is extremely informative. Gunner is getting all the shots, just on a delayed schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute. Ella will be getting all of her shots, except for the chicken pox one and the hepatitis (sp) shot, and we will do it on a delayed schedule. I also recommend Dr. Sears' book. He's wonderful anyway, and a great source of knowledge.

    ReplyDelete