Friday, May 22, 2009

Forgot to mention

I have no idea how I forgot to mention this, as it's been irritating me since my appointment on Tuesday.

So, my regular OB was overbooked and had two others there on-call for him. I was lucky enough to see my favorite midwife, who was also the one I had seen while pregnant with Cameron . Well, she comes in, gives me a great big hug, and goes on and on about how happy she is for me. I love this woman! She's great!

THEN, she looks at my chart and says something that I have never heard at any point in time during any of my pregnancies. She said, "Hmm...looks like you're growing little Allie very nicely in there!". I just laughed, and she then said, "You know, just sort of watch your weight. Watch what you're eating. Make sure to drink plenty of water and you're eating lots of fruits and veggies!". I was stunned! I looked at her and said, "I do...I don't know what's going on here." She then comes over and measures my belly, which was measuring right where it should be, and says, "Well you don't look all that big, but your belly is meausring pretty good size.". I was measuring about 29wks....1wk ahead! It just didn't add up to me. So I asked her if Allie was going to be a big baby, and she then asked about Aiden, who was 7lb 5oz at birth. But, he was also 3wks early. So, if you figure the baby gains about 1oz a day in the last weeks, he probably would have been about 8.5lbs. She said she guestimates Allie will be about the same. CRAP! I had a hard enough time with a 7lb baby, I can't imagine giving birth to one that's over 8lbs!! Hopefully, she'll decide to make her debut a tad early like her big brother did. :)

I asked her where all of this came from, and apparently, I have gained 11lbs in one month. Now pardon my french, but what the f*ck ever! There is no possible way! I had gotten on my scale that morning, and according to that, I had only gained about 4lbs. Make more sense seeing as how my clothes still fit me the same and my belly is measuring where it should be. If I had gained that much weight in that short of time, I would think my belly would be measuring 2 or more weeks ahead!

I watch what I eat for the most part, splurging from time to time, and I'm constantly on the go! I'm healthy damn it! I'm supposed to gain weight! I just don't get Dr's anymore! You either aren't gaining enough or you're gaining too much! Ugh, you just can't win with them!

All I know is that I feel good, Allie is doing great, and that's really all that matters to me!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hollie,
    I have followed your story since the old BBC. Congrats on lil Ms. Allie.
    On the topic of weight UGH my OB office never had the right weight! I don't think that the MA that weighed me knew how to work the scale LOL! At one visit in the very beginning of my last pregancy I had been sick and they told me that I had lost like almost 10lbs since my last visit. uuuh really?? It was more like 3 lbs. They had my weight from the visit prior and it was way more that my actual weight. At that visit they acutally had my weight correct so it looked as if I had lost a ton of weight. I weighed myself every day at home and on the scale at work and it was always spot on! It got better in the end for us but feel free to ask them to weigh you again or ask to weigh yourself. That is what I did especially since I knew what my true weight was.
    Don't worry too much about it. Everything else is going smoothly. Like you said its one of those damn if you do damn if you don't kind of things.
    Congrats to you and your family. I am so happy for you. I will continue to follow both blogs now!

    ReplyDelete