Wednesday, May 12, 2010

9 month appointment

Allie had her 9 month appointment and it went great!!! We met with an awesome D.O. and had the best appointment we've had in a long time! She was very respectful of our decisions and was absolutely wonderful with Allie! I had heard that D.O. we're more open to a natural approach to things, so I went ahead and made her appointment with one. I'm so glad we did! Now I don't have to worry about switching peds! :)

Allie is doing wonderful!! She's 19lbs 11oz and 27.5" long. She's right where she should be with everything! The Dr. was surprised that does the pincer grasp and drinks throught a straw. Aiden drank through a straw early as well. I just introduce it early. As for her pincer grasp, she's been doing that since about 5 or 6 months. I think that's why she was a little later than Aiden with crawling - because she was focusing on smaller things like that. I asked about her foot turning outwards and she said that, at this point, it's hard to tell if it's just a balance thing or if it's an actual gate issue. She just said to keep an eye on it, and if it gets worse, we'll look into more. I guess once they start walking, it's easier to tell what the actual issue is.

She has also mastered the stairs, as I found out yesterday. UGH! Before she could only barely get up the first one. Last night, I followed her all the way to the top.

I just love her personality! While she can seem rather bossy at times, she so very funny and sweet! We've got a 13month old here that I've been watching since yesterday, and Allie rules over her. Not in a mean way, but you can tell she thinks she's gotta be in control of everything. I'm gonna have fun with her once she gets older. Note the sarcasm, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment